Saturday 12 September 2015

I Read The Whole Thing

Oh, poppets. I cry. But then I laugh because I have finished reading the McLellan Report. And I wonder if I am the only scribe who read it all the way through. I also wonder if everyone on the McLellan Commission read it all the way through. I mean, two bishops were on that committee.

I'll say this for three blissful years of plowing through coherent, difficult, beautifully structured theology (mostly Bernard Lonergan and Saint Thomas Aquinas): you know the difference between the merely difficult and the obviously sub-standard when you see it.

Read all about it at Catholic World Report.

1 comment:

  1. Good article on CWR, Aunty. Our national bishops conference initially hired an 'ecumenical Christian' ex-Police Commissioner to get 'independence', and now have a welfare/health worker from Britain (who seems to be Catholic), and that placated the media mostly. But then I don't think we have ever evaluated the effectiveness of our system (possibly cos it has had few abuse complaints registered with it I think - most complainants go directly to police or media). But we are small scale... even compared to Scotland!

    Southern Bloke.

    ReplyDelete

This is Edinburgh Housewife, a blog for Catholic women and other women of good will. It assumes that the average reader is an unmarried, childless Catholic woman over 18. Commenters are asked to take that into consideration before commenting. Anonymous comments may be erased.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.