Monday 7 December 2015

Pretend Mothering

I have not looked at my blog in days for, lo, Polish Pretend Son appeared in Edinburgh on Friday. Thus I have been practising conversational Polish, cooking and baking. Alas, Ann Applebaum's gingerbread cake recipe was pronounced "VERY sweet", so I shall try the gingerbread recipe in Sugared Orange next.

Yesterday I went to a St. Nicholas' Day supper and had a delightful time. I even had a cigar, which I have not done in two years. (I think an annual cigar is relatively low risk.) Along with the cigar I had brandy, so now I understand why rich men in books sit around looking pompous while consuming brandy and cigars: complementarity of the substances. By then we were rocking out to Tchaikovsky.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is Edinburgh Housewife, a blog for Catholic women and other women of good will. It assumes that the average reader is an unmarried, childless Catholic woman over 18. Commenters are asked to take that into consideration before commenting. Anonymous comments may be erased.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.