Friday 20 March 2015

A Dragon is Eating the Sun!

Picture a little  bespectacled married couple in the front courtyard of a Palladian villa holding a piece of cardboard. The husband is also holding a piece of paper with a round hole in it. The wife is looking at a disc of sunlight on the cardboard. It looks like a tiny sun cookie with a dragon-bite taken out of the bottom. The husband is looking at the sun.

Wife: Stop looking at the sun!

Husband: It's not dangerous. There's a cloud over it. Look!

Wife: Stop looking! You'll go blind! I'll have to lead you to work in the morning!

Husband: Look! Look! Wow!

Wife: Stop telling me to look! I'll go blind!

Husband: You won't go blind! There's a big dark cloud over---Wow....

Wife (looks): Wow.....! ....And now I can't see. Ahh! Ahh! The spots, the spots!

Husband: Oh shoosh.

Wife (takes off glasses): My glasses are dirty.  But still, you're not supposed to look at the sun.

Husband: I'm really glad I saw this on telly last night, so I knew how to make this [pin-hole eclipse viewer].

Wife: Then look at it and not at the...Stop looking at the sun!  STOP IT! STOP IT!

Husband: I'm looking at you, darling. Oh, look at it now !


UPDATE: If you are reading this in Europe before GMT 10 AM, don't look at the sun. Watch the eclipse over television/internet instead.

UPDATE 2: It did noticeably get colder although I am not sure the dragon had anything to do with that.


1 comment:

  1. All the bespectacled nerds in Europe were outdoors this morning peering into pinhole cameras.

    http://anglocath.blogspot.it/2015/03/eclipse.html

    ReplyDelete

This is Edinburgh Housewife, a blog for Catholic women and other women of good will. It assumes that the average reader is an unmarried, childless Catholic woman over 18. Commenters are asked to take that into consideration before commenting. Anonymous comments may be erased.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.