Wednesday 25 February 2015

Seraphic Goes to Prison

But only to visit a prisoner. Stay tuned for the articles. 

I was not allowed to bring pen, pencil, tape recorder or anything except my locker key into the visiting room, so I concentrated as much as I could on the conversation.  The experience was very rewarding but seriously intense, and now I am exhausted.

In other news, I spent an hour or so entertaining three boys under six. The ones old enough to speak were transfixed by my photograph of duelling frogs. The babe in arms stopped yelling when I sang "Edelweiss" to him and almost fell asleep to "Too-rah-loo-rah-loo-rah." All babies are suckers for "Edelweiss" and "Too-rah-loo-rah-loo-rah." If necessary, add "Skye Boat Song" and Elvis hits. 

Then I bought two Polish CDs and went to my youngest brother's birthday supper.

Tomorrow I fly back to the UK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is Edinburgh Housewife, a blog for Catholic women and other women of good will. It assumes that the average reader is an unmarried, childless Catholic woman over 18. Commenters are asked to take that into consideration before commenting. Anonymous comments may be erased.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.