Monday 13 October 2014

Saved by the Poles--Again!?

It could be this very strong G&T my husband mixed me, but I think I'm going to cry. Tears of joy have sprung to my nearsighted (an evil, remember) eyes.

The Polish Bishops are saying it's a bad report.

God bless Poland!


Królowa Polski, módł się za nami!

Someone in Santa Marinella, quick! Find the Polish guy sitting outside the supermercato with his dog and give him a ten euro note!

Oh, wait. It's dark. Wait until tomorrow morning. THEN GO GIVE MONEY TO THE POLISH BEGGAR! And tell him it is because of the great glory and honour of Poland which his great fortune to share!

I am so happy, I think I may be able to get it together enough to make a pumpkin pie. Because now I have something solid to be thankful for this awful, awful day!

Update: Oh, forgot to mention. Poles saved Christian Europe at the Gates of Vienna in sixteen eighty-three, and they helped the British win the Battle of Britain in 1940.

Update 2: This is also comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is Edinburgh Housewife, a blog for Catholic women and other women of good will. It assumes that the average reader is an unmarried, childless Catholic woman over 18. Commenters are asked to take that into consideration before commenting. Anonymous comments may be erased.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.